Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Monday, March 09, 2009

When It Rains...

I'm recovering. Thank you for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I wish I had the strength to go into detail, but suffice it to say that thankfully, I don't have that pesky gall bladder anymore. Now it's just a matter of healing. Physically, that should be easier than getting over the sadness I now feel since a phone call a couple hours ago from my sister back home. My mom passed away today. It really does pour when bad stuff happens, doesn't it?

She's with my dad now. I know in my heart that my siblings and I are all grateful for that. It's been a long road. She deserves her rest. Aloha no Mom. Aloha no. Thank you for loving me enough to give me the kind of life you felt I deserved even though I know it was hard for you. I love you.