Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, February 15, 2013

Pelicans, Egrets, and Kisses

There's a lot of stuff going on in my head.  The din is overwhelming.  The truth is, the only place I find peace this week is in Charlie's arms.  He's been generous.  I take that back.  He's always been generous.  This week, he's been extravagant in his generosity.  It's been a rough week, but I don't really want to think about that right now. 

In this moment, while the cacophony in my head hasn't yet taken over in the morning hours of this new day, I just want to remember what Charlie, The Grommet, and other wise friends have said;  "Please try to be happy for these days that we have.  Please enjoy what we DO have.  Don't dwell on what is sad.  We have now."

So for now, I will share my afternoon with sweet Ellie, watching the pelicans and egrets down at the back bay.  After our short walk by the water, we sat on the North Star Beach incline so she could rest.  Her nose was in the air, taking in all the different scents wafting through the gentle breeze.  Her eyes danced as she watched the birds take off and land.  For a short while, she closed her eyes and fell asleep on the blanket next to me.  I stroked her beautiful coat and cooed to her.  She flopped her tail a couple of times to let me know she heard me.  When she saw The Grommet coming towards us, she sat up quickly and wagged her tail happily.  She too, was generous with her kisses for him.  She knew it was time to go home and she was fine with that.  She slept the rest of the day, dreaming, I'm sure, of pelicans, and egrets, and kisses from people who love her.






2 Comments:

Anonymous David said...

You can send Charlie over this way any time.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I wish that I were as generous as he, but alas, we need him near us as we see our sweet girl through this transition. So, I think I'll keep him close.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home