Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Locked and Loaded

Gun control is a constant topic of conversation around our house the last few weeks.  But it's probably not the kind of gun control you're thinking of.

You see, The Grommet has been working out in anticipation of his trip to La Paz in a couple of weeks.  He's been eating "properly", working out diligently, and he's cut back on something he loves; beer.  That last one, I know he will get back to the minute he's in Mexico, because that's what you want when you're on vacation.  Let's face it, I know my son pretty well, and he thinks this guy has the right idea:



Back to the issue of gun control.  We get an almost daily accounting of The Grommet's progress in his endeavor to shape up.  He is always quite happy to tell us he's "down to a 31" in his jeans, or that he had a chicken salad for lunch, and when someone asked him at Pub Night why he wasn't having his favorite brew, he smiled and said; "La Paz."  But my favorite part of the day comes after his nightly workout and weighlifting session, when he comes up to me and says; "Check out my guns.  Do they look bigger, or what?"  Now, the thing is, he's my son.  So I have to be honest and say; "To tell you the truth Bud, I'm not real sure because I haven't been studying them, but yeah, okay, your arms look bigger."  He breaks out into a huge grin, nods, and walks away happy with my answer.

I don't have the heart to tell him that I'll always picture him like this:



But then again, we all know he's not doing this for me.  Don't we? 

I hope he's brushing up on his Spanish.  Or perhaps he's hoping his "guns" will talk to the ladies for him.

4 Comments:

Blogger auburnpisces said...

Most ladies speak "guns" and vice versa. He will be fine Spanish or not.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

::nodding:: It's true. He never seems to be at a loss for company.

;)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it. Super cute. That is how I will always see my son as well. Moms, lol.

8:44 AM  
Blogger bonnie said...

Adorable!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home