Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Laundry Day Fun With Pua

7:30 AM

There are 30 orphaned socks in this picture. Every one of them has a partner somewhere in my son's room, because he sneaks into my husband's sock drawer and steals them. I would go in there and try to find them, but my tetanus vaccination isn't up to date.


9:00 AM

I was ECSTATIC to find two orphaned socks in a recently dried load. So excited was I, that I ran to the "orphanage" in my dining room. I was giddy as I reunited a formerly separated sock with its partner. Then, on to the other sock. I feverishly went through the pile, one by one, to no avail. Yep, you guessed it. One leaves the orphanage, one enters. THIS, my friends, is the excitement of my life.

1:00 PM

I now have 38 orphaned socks. I have decided to stop looking for their partners, because each time I do, the population of the orphange grows. Which makes me think that I should check on those dishes in the sink. They may be doing dirty things. Like multiplying.

5:00 PM

Happy. But Not Happily Ever After - I thought I shouldn't leave those of you who were patiently waiting for the ending to my story hanging. All three of you. So, I want you to know that I bit the bullet and took one for the team. Cheesy cliches aside, I actually ventured into Bryson's room. Final tally from the orphanage: 42 married pairs of dress socks belonging to Charlie. I know you're excited for me, and yes, I deserve multitudes of praise. But don't dance the dance of sock joy yet. For you see, there are STILL 16 sad little SWPs (Socks Without Partners) living in the orphanage. ::sigh:: Poor babies. I fear I've done all that I can. If I can figure out a way, they might become scarves. That way, they can truly move up in the world. I know, I know. I such a giver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home