Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Monday, February 11, 2013

I Wasn't Alone



I found this blog post today through the blog of one of my favorite authors.  Everything this author wrote in this post, I have been feeling for months now.  Just outside of my grasp, my brain waves cake in my face.  I see other friends who are writers just banging out the stories, one after another, whilst also carrying on another career of some sort.  Yet here I sit, staring at the blank page, day after day, waiting for the inspiration that the gelatinous mass between my ears won't let through. 

My heroine is stuck "out there".  I've left her hanging.  She's like a SIMS character, just standing there motionless with a rotating diamond thingie over her head.  Waiting for me to give her direction and bring her to life.  But, My Brain is a Jerk, too.  For the first time, in a long time, I'm relieved to know this.  With this post, this beautiful woman threw a lifeline out into the abyss.  From the looks of it, I wasn't the only one to grab it.  Thanks, Laini.

2 Comments:

Blogger auburnpisces said...

I vote you think of somewhere you can go to a.) clear your head for a while and b.) leave feeling replenished; juiced. Wherever and whatever that is, take the time for you. Guilt-free. Who knows...maybe you'll end up skipping out to your car from said brain time-out with words visibly pouring out your ear holes! It could happen. I don't think mean nun is the way to go! Just sayin' ;)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I've been trying that, Aub. Lately, with The Grommet's car out of commission, I've been his mode of transport, and so I've taken to bringing my "work" with me and hanging out by the back bay. Lovely, but I'm often distracted by the drama going on around me. Humans. Oy.

Don't worry, I don't think it's in me to "mean nun" it.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home