Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Empty Arms

My niece gave birth to her first child on Saturday; a beautiful baby girl; 9 lbs. A much anticipated new grandbaby for my brother. On Sunday morning, sweet little J inexplicably stopped breathing and could not be revived. I wept at the news. I wept for my brother. I wept for my ohana. But most of all, I wept for my niece. I can understand the sadness of miscarriage by experience. I have been there. But, there are no words of comfort for a young woman who carried a perfectly healthy baby to full-term, labored and delivered, took her, in joyous pink wonder, home, only to lose her and go back home with empty arms, to make funeral arrangements.

I am without words and my heart is broken for her. I could only say "I love you".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to her!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home