Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Keeva

While I'm overjoyed that Obama won, I've been so sad today over Prop 8. It makes me feel ashamed of my state. Happy-sad is a weird feeling and it has interfered a little with my ability to concentrate and stay on task. I keep running scenarios through my head; wishing that what has happened hasn't happened.

Then, my friend Wes showed up tonight with a "baby bump". When the baby popped her fuzzy little head out from inside his sweatshirt, I forgot all about how stupid California voters are for a minute. Nothing better than a new puppy to make you smile. Especially when Wes told us she was a rescue puppy like our Ellie (who doesn't like all the attention the new kid is getting!) I'm an Auntie and Wes is absolutely sure that I'm going to spoil her rotten. He's right. Because you can't spank Aunties. E Komo Mai, little Keeva. Welcome to our world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

I don't know what happened to Haloscan, so I added the Blogger commenter, just in case!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home