Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hard To Say Aloha



I've been remiss in blogging, responding to emails, or even making long-overdue calls to beloved friends. Gosh...I haven't even called my Mom in forever! The only explanation I have is that I've been working my tired ass off. I don't even know where the energy comes from. I just keep going because I have to.

This leads to this day. The day we close our little tiki shop on Newport Blvd. After 5 years in the same place, House of Tiki is closing it's doors at this location. The hard part is, we thought we would be moving into a new place. Unfortunately, we've met with one obstacle after another and timing has just not been our friend. So, we're clearing out inventory, packing and storing, and taking a much needed rest. Today, Sunday, July 22nd, is our last day of business. It's a bit bittersweet. I'm sad, because this is where I've spent the majority of my waking moments. But I'm happy because I'm drained; emotionally, and physically.

So, to my friends who've patiently waited for my phone calls that never came, to our families, who've stood by us through these long, hard months, and to our faithful House of Tiki customers, thank you. Remember that Aloha means good-bye AND hello. This is only temporary. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home