Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Welcome Home

I have to tell you; it's was a pretty quiet weekend. My chest hurts. Mostly because I think I've been holding my breath since last Friday. That's probably a side effect of having too many weird weeks and weekends in a row. From Averie's needle in the foot escapade, to Averie's appendix, to Charlie's job worries, to the Mum-in-law's health and home stuff, to learning that my dad's been in the hospital back in Hawaii, it's just been one thing after another. I was afraid to leave the house. And the funny thing was; I really didn't want to. So, I exhaled around afternoon on Saturday, thinking it was probably safe by then. Lo and behold, I was right. No emergency room drama. Just quiet. Blissful quiet.

Yesterday before work, a place I look forward to going to everyday (amazing, isn't it?), I checked my email and found a note that made me smile. It was a cool breeze on a sultry day. It appears the prodigal son has "come home". I know that he was sorely missed around the Blogdom. Even though I know I had nothing to do with the timing of his "return", I like to think of it as a belated birthday present to me. After all, I'm of the mindset these days that birthdays should last for at least a week. A far cry from my thought processes last year when I would have rather crawled into a hole until it was over. Welcome home Kuuipo. It's good to "see" you again. You're looking fabulous and you've been missed. Oh, and one more thing; don't make me worry. It's not a good look for me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home