Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Surprise!

I was talking to a friend the other day about surfing. Something that I miss terribly. The Grommet (Bryson) and I used to go surfing at least twice a week. Of course, I was in MUCH better shape back then. Anyway, I miss that time with him, and I miss the water. So, that's another motivation for getting back in shape and losing weight. Anyway, as I was talking to this friend, he was asking me about professional female surfers. I brought up Layne Beachley, and I thought Averie and Caris actually had a tshirt with her on it. I knew Averie had a poster in her room that said "The Future of Surfing Lies in the Hands of a Woman." Anyway, I wanted to make sure, so I went into Averie's room to look. She laughed because she had taken that poster down long ago to make room for another one. Then I asked both of the girls about the tshirts...again, they laughed because they had grown out of those shirts. So, I went back to the computer to "surf" the web. I typed in the name of the tshirt company, and low and behold, there was Caris!. WOW! What a surprise! Caris had done this catalog shoot when she was in 5th grade; five years ago. We had NO idea that they were using her picture on their website. In fact, back then, we didn't even know they HAD a website! Excitedly, I called the girls to come look. They both stood there with their mouths open, and then we all started to giggle. Amazing! What a fun surprise all this time later. Like a hug from the past!

Last night we had a houseful. Averie went and had ice cream with Summer and Erin, and then they all came back to the house. Lindsey showed up, and right after that, Bobby arrived. We all sat in the living room and watched Jeopardy together, and as Averie would say..."We bitchslapped that catagory, Alex!" Not long after, Caris and Taryn arrived and the house was filled with singing. They all went into the garage to shoot some pool and eat popcorn. I loved it. I love it that they all feel so comfortable to come here and hang out here and feel welcomed. It does my heart good. Safety that I never knew as a child, I give to mine. It's what I hoped for one day. One day is now here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home