Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Interesting Twists and Turns...

Today, before Caris and I left for the appointment with the agent, her beeper went off again...

Turns out they were still looking for girls for the "Mrs. Harris" movie which was going to shoot on Thursday. I asked Caris if she wanted me to call on it, just to see what would come of it. She said YES! So I called and talked to the Booking Agent. I told him I was calling for Caris and he pulled her up in the system...

"Caris...Caris...oh yes, here she is. Oh my God! She's perfect for this! Why didn't you call in before?"

"Well, she has an appointment with an agent at the same time as your project does wardrobe fittings, so I wasn't sure we could make it."

"That's not an issue now. Does she want to work tomorrow?"

I looked over at Caris, who was listening on the other phone. She shook her head yes.

"Yes, she wants to work."

"Awesome! She's great for this. I will book her now. Keep your pager on. We'll call you tonight with details and call time."

"Ok, thanks a bunch!"

"No...thank YOU. Have fun tomorrow!"

On the drive to the agent's, which is about a 45 minute drive from our home in Costa Mesa to Beverly Hills, Caris and I talked about the movie call.

"Are you excited?"

"Oh my gosh...I'm SO excited. I wish that Taryn could come too."

"I know Sweetie. But we'll just see how things go, and we'll tell her all about it and maybe then, her mom and dad will let her do it."

"Yeah, I hope so."

So, we spent all of 5 minutes in the agent's office. All she did was take her portfolio and her resume, talk with Caris one on one for a few minutes, tell Caris she was cute (which she is!), ask about her printwork and her background work, thank us for coming, and said she'd call us on Friday.

Mostly, we spent all of our time on the drive home talking about the movie project. Both of us were very nervous. HOW can I possibly get a job when I have a full time job on my hands with all of this stuff? And THIS is so much more rewarding than anything anyone could pay me for; watching my kids realize their dreams.

Sure enough, the beeper went off again at 7:30 just the way the Booking Agent said. Be at such and such a location, at such and such a time, bring such and such with you, and don't be late! The rest of the evening was spent gathering work permits, wardrobe, effects, homework, etc. We have to be on set at 7:00 am in the Wilshire District in LA. Caris will be playing a student at an upscale, private girls' school. That's about all we know. It's raining like crazy outside and it looks like the storm is going to continue. We'll be leaving at 5:00 am, just to be safe. Tonight the prayers will be for protection, safety, and most of all, a fun experience for Caris.

By the way; I'm pretty sure that Averie, Bobby, Mary, Celinda, Katio, et. al. could kick some serious comedy ass at The Improv. Isn't that right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home