Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Woooohooooooo!

I'm leaving work on time today. 2:00 on the button. I'm not gonna let anybody there guilt me into staying "a little longer" to make any copies for them, or file their silly paperwork, or answer their phone. I'm leaving on time because I have a train to meet.

I'm heading straight over to the Irvine train station to collect a travelling blogger on holiday. Brian from "Shadow Footprints" is here in the US from New Zealand to visit his brother in San Diego. He's honored me by asking if we could meet up while he's here and he's making a special trip up by train for just that purpose. I'm thinking that work is going to drag by and I'm going to be a clock-watcher today. It's a long, long way to 2:00, but when it comes, I'll be flying out of there on invisible wings.

I'm a little worried, however. Even though my Mum-in-law is a New Zealander, I might just be mesmerized by Brian's "fresh" Kiwi accent and spend all my time just listening to him talk. That's a very yummy accent, ya know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home