Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Monday, September 20, 2004

Still Standing

I sat here for a minute or two trying to think of a title for this post and then realized that this IS the perfect one. If it was a snake....yeah you know. Anyway, that's how it really feels. I've been through the ringer, but I have to admit, I haven't been through it alone. Charlie's had his share and I realize how very lucky I am. The one thing I know about this man is that he doesn't complain. EVER. He's like a saint or something. I remember when we first met, I called him a perpetual optimist. He never seemed phased by obstacles. I'm sure he was, but he handled them with an unrivaled calm. I was, and remain, amazed by that. It's probably why the Powers That Be thought we would be a good match. Me; the frazzled, gelatinous mass of emotion, and he; the keep-it-together guy. I picture the four of us, the kids and me, as the storm, and Charlie as the eye of the storm. One at a time, he reaches out into the fray and plucks us out of the raging tempest. The law of nature says that we could suck up anything in our way, but most of the time, he remains there, calm and the voice of reason.

God, I'm a lucky wench. As if having Charlie around wasn't enough, I also have these wonderful people who encourage me, stick up for me, gird me up and love me, and get this; offer to beat people up for me that make my kids cry. I imagined a boatload of bloggers showing up to Averie's job, hogtying that nasty woman up, dipping her in paint, and then glazing her. It made me smile. It mighta not been a very nice thing for me to think. But I liked it. Color Me Tickled Pink.

I have an appointment at the doc today. I didn't want to have to go, but I know I do. I'm also gonna get out there and do some walking. I have a love/hate relationship with walking. I love being out there once I'm out there, but the getting out there is the hate part. I'm WAY too far out of shape to just jump right back into gym type exercize, but I know I need to do something. That, and wire my jaw shut. Food=drug of choice. I'm like the Tazmanian Devil of food addiction. Picture it in your head. Go ahead, I'll wait. Yep, that's me, ripping my way around anything I can get my hands on when I'm in the midst of emotions. If Dr. Phil tried to stop me, I'd probably eat him too.

On the upswing and in line with shameless mom-type pluggging, a lot of you know that my daughter Caris has been doing television and movie background work since February. It's not glamorous. There's no money in it, in fact, I ended up paying more to have her participate. I keep telling the stage moms that I meet on set that are new to it that if they're in it for the money, they're never gonna see it in background work. Caris does it because it's fun, and whether or not there's any money in it, she says every little job looks good on her resume. Anyway, we've waited patiently, and finally tonight is the first time we'll actually see one of the shows she worked on get aired. She'll be on Still Standing on CBS at 8:00 Pacific Time. She plays one of the pool party friends of the daughter, Lauren.
We're ordering pizza and having some of her friends from her Drama class over and making it a party of sorts. She says that it will be her luck that all of her appearance will be cut. We really won't know until tonight. In any case, be watching for a pretty, petite little thing in a red and yellow bikini in the doorway of the house behind Jamie Gertz. Yep folks, that's it. My little girl in her first national television appearance wearing a bikini. :::sigh::: Every mother's dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home