Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Happy Birthday Lokelani!

It's crazy. She was adopted out at birth, just like me. She grew up in San Diego and we went to high school only 80 miles apart. We never knew the other existed, yet now, I don't want to miss a single minute of her life. We were two puzzles with pieces missing. Now, the picture is complete.

Last weekend, when Charlie and I went to her house in San Diego and met her husband Phil for the first time, he spent a good portion of the evening staring at me. He apologized, but said he couldn't help himself. We look so much alike. I made a comment about the parallel lives we've led. Finding our soulmates (skinny, white boys who are very much alike), marrying young, sticking with our marriages for all these years. It's a huge accomplishment these days.

She's 11 months younger than me, and today, she and I are the same age; 43. It will only last a few weeks, until I move to the next "F-word" on the numerical scale. But for today, I will revel in the beauty that is my "little sister". God, I never thought I'd ever say those words; my little sister. I feel joy. Mostly because, from this birthday on, we will never celebrate them not knowing about each other.

Happy Birthday Little Sis. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home