Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, July 23, 2004

Keeping My Fingers Crossed
 
We looked at another house yesterday.  It's in the same neighborhood that Charlie grew up in and where his mom's home is.  It's just around the corner.  Perhaps the familiarity of the neighborhood, and not having to leave neighbors will help ease her into a decision.  We can only hope.  Charlie's sister Jenny gave Mom an earful yesterday about how lucky she was that Charlie and I are willing to take her in and change our whole lives in order to do this.  She even told Mom that she herself couldn't take her in because it would be too much of a strain on her marriage.  I guess I have more patience with her because she's NOT my mom.  If that makes any sense.  I don't have any history with her, or any axes to grind.  I don't hold her responsible for any ills.  I just feel like she needs someone to take care of her now.  It's funny how the tables turn.  First you have to listen and obey your parents, and then the parents become the children and have to listen to their grown children tell them what they should do.   

I'm putting on my most calm "Patience Hat" today because I'm taking Mom to see the house at 1:00.  This should be interesting.  I'll take everything she might say with a grain of salt and know that she probably doesn't mean them in a hurtful way.   Charlie calls his mom an "EGR" person.  Extra Grace Required.  That always gives me a sense of peace and I know he's right.  There are just some people in life who you give a little more leeway to than others.  After 80 years and two bouts of cancer; I figure she rates.  It's a big change for all of us.  Maybe by the end of this, we'll ALL be EGR people. 

Send me good, peaceful vibes my friends.  I'm going to need them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home