Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, January 16, 2004

The Friday Five

I think one of the reasons that I love the Friday Five so much is that it opens chambers into the "true self". Maybe not every single week, but as the weeks accumulate, it just adds that little touch of extra spice to what everyone posts in their everyday worlds, and it lets people, a little bit at a time, know just a little bit more about everyone else. It's a buffet line of delicious wonders. I thank David once again for introducing me.

1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?

Aloha and be well, Pua

2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it? If you haven't graduated yet, what would you like your quote to be?

My senior quote was "Thanks Mom and Daddy. TFB."

It's actually ironic when I think back on it. I thanked my mom and dad and then said "TFB" which stood for "thanks for believing." The funny thing is, my parents really were never supportive of my dreams. I'm still very grateful because I know that had they not taken me in (I'm adopted), I'd probably have been far worse off than I was, but in all honesty, I never got a lot of encouragement from them. I believe that, above all else, has made me the very aware and involved parent that I am. Charlie and I are always our kids biggest fans, and first line of defense. I actually had to think if I would have changed it, now that I know what I know. But I don't think I would. I don't think I would have added the "TFB", but it's always certainly proper to be grateful.


3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read? If you already have them, what do they say?

On Mother's Day, two years ago, Charlie and the kids got me plates for my "Rockin Surf Van." They say 4 KEKAI (for the sea).

4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say?

The inside of our wedding bands says "Song of Songs 5:16 * 4-3-82". We were married on April 3, 1982 and the passage is from the Song of Solomon "This is my lover. This is my friend."

5. What would you like your epitaph to be

Passionately Loved

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home