Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Love In The Time of Pinterest



I have 17 Pinterest boards with 423 pins. The four boards with the most pins are as follows:

* "I Don't Skinny-Dip, I Chunky-Dunk" - 100 pins.
* "Things That Make Me Think of My Kids" - 71 pins.
* "Oh Bartender; I'll Have Another" - 42 pins.
* "I Don't Trust People Who Don't Like Dogs" - 27 pins.

It's scary the way you can open up someone's Pinterest page and see what they consider important in their life. Yeah, I might love food, but I'm also relieved to see that I pinned more to my "Kids" board than I did to my "Booze" board. Dodged that bullet.

On that note; cocktail, please!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

No idea how Pinterest works. I've heard of it, but I've never been there. But I'm not one to keep up with every new tech thing. I leave that to crazy kids like you!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

You don't skinny dip you chunky dunk. Ha! That made me snort

6:40 PM  
Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Jess - For me, it's a bit of a "time warp". The majority of the posts are, of course, from females who are either stay-at-home moms or about to be married. So they post "creative and new" ideas to educate their kids. Well, their idea of creative and new are things I was doing with my kids BitD (Back in the Day), so they really aren't that new. Also, I think Pinterest is a hangout for quite a lot of LDS, because they like to post lots of pics of their temples, their large families, and their mission trips. As for the engaged girls, they kinda make my girls want to hurl because they're all A & C's ages and the girls say "is that ALL they think about? weddings and babies?..geez." However, I DO find many of the recipes pretty awesome, which is pretty evident in the size of that pin board of mine. :)

Rebecca - It's been a family saying for a long, long time. Many years ago, I made it as a sign for my brother and sister-in-law's new pool. It's stuck with us ever since. We like our food, this family. :)

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home