Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, March 23, 2012

Cosmo Friday Lookie-Loos



A call this morning from one of my favorite people in the world...

Nancy: Hi! Whatcha doin?

Pua: Waking up.

Nancy: (laughing) Oh well, come on. Get your coffee. What are you doing tonight? We should have "Cosmo Friday."

Pua: That sounds nice...except....

Nancy: Except what?

Pua: Well, yesterday was Margarita Thursday, and the day before that was Jack Daniels Wednesday. I'm not sure my liver can take Cosmo Friday.

Nancy: (laughing again) Oh, don't be an amateur. I'm coming over tonight, and I'm bringing everything to you.

Pua: That sounds great. But...I know you. What's going on?

Nancy: (laughing HARDER) Okay, okay. The realtor called. She said the people that bought my old house across from you moved out and are leasing it. I never got to see all the changes they made, so she asked if I wanted to come see it.

Pua: Well, how convenient! We can make our Cosmos, sit on my porch, wait for the realtor, then sashay across the street with our pinkies in the air and be Lookie-Loos at your old house. We couldn't POSSIBLY look more "Desperate Housewives" than that, Nance.

Nancy: Oh pshaw! Besides, we won't be alone.

Pua: ?

Nancy: The boys are coming with me! (Nancy's son Branden and her brother-in-law, Joe). I hope you have enough martini glasses!

Pua: Nancy, if I haven't told you lately...I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Sounds like a fabulous plan! So did you get a good look?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Got a GREAT look. It was pretty nostalgic for all of us. The new owners made quite a lot of changes. Some great, some meh. But, it was kinda fun for all of us to be in the house together again. Nan's son kept telling her; "this was supposed to be MY house, Mom." :::sigh::: I do wish she still lived there, instead of all the way across town now. Nancy was one of the very first people, 20 years ago, to get one of my "special housewarming gifts" like I sent to you and Bokey.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home