Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Best Medicine

So, in an effort to "waken" the muse. I've been sitting here going through my blog archives. Though it hasn't served the purpose I had originally set out to accomplish, it has given me some much needed giggles AND some really happy memories. Today, I find that I am grateful that I have this blog to look back on, and along the way, have met some really great people that I now call friends. No, it wasn't what I was looking for when I sat here this morning...but another need was met and I can't help but think how really lucky I am. For now; a trip down memory lane is the perfect prescription.

Non-Carnivorous Bry

My poor son. He's never been much of a meat-eater. Since he was a toddler, he's turned his nose up at the things that most kids find the necessary foods of life; hot dogs, burgers, pepperoni pizza. He practically lives on pasta with a nice salad for DESSERT. As active as he is, I've always had to be particularly cognizant of his nutritional needs. During hockey season, I make sure there's lots of protein drinks in the house. When it's waterpolo, he prefers to woof down a bean burrito or two. I watch him constantly, knowing full well that there's not a smidge of fat on this kid's frame and that his metabolism runs at Mach II. I still wonder how he could possibly be mine.

His waterpolo awards banquet was held at a local rib joint. The rest of the team put the bone bucket in front of him. I think the expression on his face speaks volumes.



I'm Gonna Hurl Posted by Hello