Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Got Hawaiian?

Got Hawaiian?

So I'm standing in the checkout line at Barnes & Noble and I'm looking at this rotating rack with mini-gifts. You know, the little boxes of miniature treasures like "Mini Zen Garden," or "Mini Rubber Duckies," or "Mini Bonsai Tree". You've seen them. While scanning quickly through the boxes, thinking I would find something that would be a cute stocking stuffer, my eyes stop at a "Mini Hula Instruction Kit". I pick it up and look on the back for the contents:

1 plastic, multi-colored lei
1 hair comb with a flower attached
1 diagram for hand motions
and last but not least
2 finger castanets

Excuse me? Finger castanets? In my hula dancing experience of nearly 30 years, nay, in my 44 years of life as a polynesian, I have NEVER known castanets to be a part of our native culture.

Next thing you know, I'll find a "Mini Fiesta Kit" with a grass skirt inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home