Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, September 03, 2004

Long Night

Long Night

As always, we were out on our Thursday "date night". Had a great time, visited with friends over dinner and a couple of beers and then headed over to the high school to watch my nephew's first football game of the year. Just as third quarter kickoff was taking place, Charlie's phone and my phone ring simultaneously...it was "Life Alert". You know, the "I've fallen and I can't get up" people. We've had Charlie's mom on the system since her stroke in February. Good thing. They were telling us that Charlie's mom had pushed her alert button because she'd fallen down and believed she had broken her hip. We yelled our goodbye to friends and family in the stands and literally FLEW down the bleachers.

Long story short; Charlie's mom had indeed broken her hip and we had to call the paramedics. That was at 9:30 pm on Thursday night. It's now 5:53 pm Friday night. We've just gotten home from the hospital. We waited in the ER, got her admitted, waited for her oncologist, her orthopedist, her internist, and her cardio-vascular doctor to pow-wow and then let us know the plan of attack. All this while Mom slept peacefully with the pain-free help of Morpheus. I'd like to be a friend of Morpheus right now myself. I think I'll go lie down next to my napping husband. It's gonna be a long haul. Surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30 am. Please send good thoughts. If you don't hear from me for a couple days, you'll know why.

I should mention how phenomenal Averie has been. She helped SO much through all of this difficulty. She's grown to be a beautiful woman; inside and out.

Be good kids. Love one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home