Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Much Ado About Nothing

Charlie's friend R is always spouting off about the merits of "Vitamin V" otherwise known as...oh wait, I'm not gonna get sued for this am I? Perhaps I better just say it's that little blue pill that men like to have handy by the bedside. R and others of Charlie's confirmed bachelor buddies use it not because they need it (or so they say), but because it's "a recreational enhancement aid". Well duh.

I always take into account that what we're dealing with here are long-time single men, well into "mid-life," who basically have a little extra money to burn because they don't have families and they work for themselves. Therefore, they have all the toys, nice cars, boats, they take long vacations, fishing trips to Mexico, and golf trips to Arizona, just because they can. Do I sound jealous? Okay, maybe just a bit (except for the golf part..ick). But that's where my jealousy ends, and theirs begins...

The material things of life aside, whenever we have our weekly pub nights, the conversation invariably ends up with sex. I think they always assumed early on that because Charlie and I have been married for so long, we don't have sex anymore. And usually, the topic will wind its way around to women who don't put out once they got that ring on their finger. I think that Tuna Girl and I can attest to that being utterly inaccurate. Maybe we're in the minority, but I'm a little tired of hearing it.

That being said, R has mentioned to Charlie and I on more than one occasion over the past few years that we should really give the old "Vitamin V" a try..."just for fun." Charlie has always laughed, looked at me when the subject has come up (hee hee!), and said, "So, Pua, do you think we need this stuff?" And without hesitation I say "Gawd, no" and in all honesty, I mean it. No really, I mean it. R will smile and shake his head and say, "Okay, but you're missing out." Yeah, whatever.

Last week at pub night, R brought Charlie a present. Yep, two little blue pills in a plastic film cannister. We laughed about it, and Charlie put the container in his pocket "for later" wink wink. When we got home, he put the little treasure up on his dresser and for the most part, we both forgot about it. BUT, we had a very fun week without it, as we have for the last 22 years. And yes Aaron, we've learned long ago to close the heating vent. :o)

Last night, after the kids had been asleep for awhile (Tuna Girl; take note, when they're teenagers, you gotta wait a LOOOONG time for them to fall asleep), Charlie closed the bedroom door and had a smile and "that look" on his face. The one that says "I'm starving and you're my dinner."

Charlie: (grinning devilishly) I took it.

Pua: It what?

Charlie: The "V"

Pua: Really? So now what?

Charlie: I guess you wait 20 minutes.

Pua: Why? It's obvious you're pretty ready to go now.

Charlie: Well, considering I'm not taking it for THAT reason...

Pua: Yeah, so I'm kinda confused. Why is this supposed to be so great?

Charlie: ::shrugs shoulders:: I dunno.

So R, I just wanna tell you, there was really nothing different about any of it. Charlie's been right on the money all these years. Perhaps my husband is more extraordinary than I thought...lucky me. I'm pretty much sure that we haven't been "missing out."

However, the puppet show AFTER was very entertaining. :o)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home