Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, August 27, 2004

Hockey Girls

I got a call from Averie.

Pua: Hello?

Ave: Mommy, we're driving along on the freeway, and guess what pulls up next to me?

Pua: I don't know Honey. Hey...are you talking on your cell phone while you're driving?

Ave: :::sigh::: Mommy, listen to me. Guess what's next to me?

Pua: I don't know Ave. A Corvette? A pink Cadillac? A naked marathon runner? You know, it's dangerous to talk on the phone while you're driving...

Ave: Grrrr! We're driving along and I'm not kidding...the LA Kings Zamboni is next to us!

Pua: Averie, Zamboni's can't go that fast.

Ave: Uh..DUH! It's on a truck.

Pua: WOW! Really? A Zamboni? On the way to San Diego? That's cool!

Ave: Well, you don't see that everyday, and of course, I thought of you.

Pua: You're the best Aves. I love you for thinking of me. You guys have a blast, be careful, and now stop talking on the cell phone while you're driving!

Ave: I love you too! Byeeeeeeeeeeee!

Two wonderful thoughts; 1. I really AM with her wherever she goes. and 2. A Zamboni makes her think of me. That's my girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home