Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Which way is up?

So I report to the new job after so much family emotion and disarray, only to find that I'm drowning in a pit of confusion. The guy that's supposed to train me is on vacation this week, leaving me to flounder. They stuck me in a corner with a beta fish in a bowl and said, "welcome to the company", and then just left me alone with a stack of stuff to do and no one to show me HOW to do it. Every single program in the system is password protected, so I can't even give myself a tutorial, AND no one has the time to show me how to do what I'm supposed to do. Everytime I ask a question about something, I get the response..."Oh yeah, I'll show you that in just a second." But "just a second" never comes. Finally, they hand me someone's check to calculate and it turns out this person is salary, has every friggin benefit possible that has to be retro'd, and it's WAY the hell over my pointed head. I can't win. I'm useless, worthless. In the words of The Tinman, "Fuck Math." I'm gonna go sell chocolate covered cherries at Harry and David's or some other trained monkey work. ::::sigh:::: Why does everything have to be so damn hard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home