Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Introducing "Ellie"

She's finally here and I'm pretty tired. Charlie and I did the "you take the first half of the night, and I'll take the last part of the night" thing. But no one complained. She's smart as a whip and already filling our world. I think she needed us as much as we needed her. So here she is....

Ellie-Belly Moonpie Avalon

It's a mouthfull, but it couldn't be helped. No one was agreeing, and to keep everyone happy, that's what it's come to. Ellie because the girls thought it was cute, though Charlie liked it because it makes him think of big-hearted Ellie Mae Clampett who single-handedly saved all the orphaned and homeless "critters" in 90210. Moonpie because Bryson hates the thought of a silly girlie name like Ellie. And Avalon for me, because ever since Lee suggested it I haven't been able to get it off my mind. It seems very appropriate considering it's the mythical land where King Arthur received Caliburn, and ultimately after battle, was taken to heal, never to die. Besides, on a clear day, I can see Santa Catalina across the water and we have lots of happy memories at Avalon Harbor. So thank you Lee.

Okay, I promise not to bore you all to tears with the new baby. So we're going to get it out of our systems. But since you've all been there every step of the way, it seems only right that you should be invited to the welcome home party. And my, don't you all look swell in your party duds? :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home