Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Opening Night

Last night was opening night for "Little Shop". Taryn, who splits the role of Audrey with Caris, was fantabulous. I was very proud of her and expressed to her mom Leigh after the show that I felt as though I was watching another of my own children. Taryn practically lives at my house and Caris spends a great deal of time at hers. Leigh and I often joke that the girls merge and hyphenate their last names. I marveled at the fact that they've known each other since they were two years old, and now, all these years later in high school, they share the same dream. How wonderful a memory it will be when they are older to look back and remember that you shared a plum role with your very best friend. Who doesn't dream of that?

Tonight and tomorrow night Caris will play Audrey. The excitement as the day progresses will mount. To top it off, Caris' agent called last night and she has a call-back for the Kellogg's commercial for 3:00 today. So, I'll be picking her up from school at noon and she and I will be heading to LA. THEN, straight back to CMHS for her 6:00 call. Stressed? A little. Should I let her know that? Not a chance in hell. Interestingly enough, my horoscope today said that perhaps I should look for a new job. What? And miss all this fun? Wouldn't give it up for the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home