Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Well, Damn...

Ok, for me hockey season is over. I've taken down the flag. I should have known it was a bad omen when I hurt my ankle on a walk yesterday morning. I sadly told Bryson that I wasn't going to his game because I was already in pain with my neck and shoulders bothering me, with no relief from the chiropractic visit on Friday. The thought of climbing bleachers in a 100 degree gym to watch him play just didn't bode well with me. He understood, and since Aunt Jenny, Uncle Jim and Charlie were going to be there, he was fine with me passing this time. I should have known it was another bad omen when he lost. Even though his dad says he WOW'd the audience with some fancy puck handling skills, there was just something in the air. That something was the end of the season....at least for Detroit. Hockey fan that I am, I just move on to the next best team (in my estimation). Of course that won't be Colorado. I will NEVER be an Avs fan. NEVER. So, I'll go with the last remaining California team. Just because.

Yet, even with the palor of sadness over the house, the very happy thing is, an unexpected, but VERY happy visit from our friend CJ. She stopped by to say hi while on her way back home to Bakersfield. She was here taking care of an account and decided to give us a try. It's been well over a year since I've seen her. I can't begin to tell you what a breath of fresh air she is. We sat on the bench out front and talked away 2 1/2 hours in what seemed like a minute. We laughed over "remember when" stories, and caught up on family events. I have so many good and happy memories of CJ, Steve, and their daughter Jamie. It was one of the saddest days of my life when they moved back to Bakersfield. I missed them immensely. If I was ever sad, I could always count on CJ for a giggle. She has a gift for finding joy in the smallest of things AND she can tell a story better than anyone I know. Her laugh is infectious and despite the difficulties of her life, she can always look at the humorous side of any situation. I admire her in so many ways.

So my boys lose and I'm sad. One little visit from CJ makes up for that in spades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home