Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentines They Didn't Know They Sent

I've spent the evening reading over blog posts.  I don't visit WCwaWC that often anymore.  That's sad.  I should.  I should still be writing.  I don't.  Again, that's sad.  It really is very good therapy for me.  I know this.  It's funny what you know you should do, but you don't.  Humans.  So unnecessarily difficult.  I digress.

I've learned a couple of things perusing through the old blog. One; February is a notoriously bad month for me.  And two; my kids are a tonic to my soul, and I miss them.  I haven't been well, so there has been no shopping for valentines, or mailing of love packages with artistic confections as I had so wanted to do.  I haven't picked up the phone and called because I can't say three words without going into a sputtering coughing fit.



So I want to put this down here, and out into the universe whether they see it or not.  Averie, Caris, and Bryson; I adore you.  I think you are amazing, beautiful, wondrous creatures that Daddy and I have been lucky enough to parent, to love, and to release into the chaos that is the world we live in.

Your lives are a treasure to our lives.  I am SO grateful that I took the time to sit down and document the years of your lives over the years here.  I know that sometimes this blog has probably been the bane of your existence and you would have preferred I not been so willing to share you with the blogosphere.  But, as I look back now, I realize that every moment chronicled here, where your names are attached, was written in love and admiration.  I hope you know that too. These days, every story I re-read is a valentine from you to me that you never knew you sent, and therefore a gift of value far greater than anything material or monetary.

I love the three of you to the depths of my being, and I will always, ALWAYS be so proud that I am your mother.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home