Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Cup Runneth Over

It's been forever, I know. There's just so much going on that these days it's rare that I get a chance to catch you up. So now I'm posting a month's worth...just because I can. Why? Because I have a much needed day off AND I'm home alone. Wooohoooooo!

Despite that fact that they are often at each other's throats, I have to say that I am the mother of some pretty awesome people. Sibling scuffles aside, they are the first to support each other's accomplishments, and we've had a few sterling occassions to celebrate. I know that I never have to ask, they will always be there for each other in good times and in bad times. There are those days where they fight over small things like who ate the last cupcake, who used who's sweater, or call each other things I won't print and I fear that's how it will remain right into adulthood. But then I remember what Averie always tells me; "Mommy, I can call Bry and Caris the worse things in the world, and they can do the same to me. But I defy anyone else to say squat about my brother or sister. You know we got each other's backs." That's what it's all about.

So, Averie and I visited what will become her new home for the next two years; Chapman University. I thought for sure she'd be leaving us to go to NYU, but she's decided to stay in California. Secretly, I'm a little less devasted. It's going to be hard for me around here without her. She's my morning coffee buddy, my sounding board, my friend. I'm proud beyond belief, but I will miss her.


Averie on campus at Chapman University Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home