Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Her First New Year Kiss

It's what Averie was looking forward to. While I talked to Aaron on the phone about his plans for NYE and telling him about mine (well, actually about Averie's), she came into my room and modeled one outfit after another. She wanted to be "perfect" because for the very first time, she has a boyfriend and is certain to get that New Year's kiss at the stroke of midnight.

I described her outfits to Aaron, with Averie smiling in the background and telling me to ask Aaron what he thought of her skirt, or her jacket. I told her that he couldn't even figure out what he was going to wear, how could he help her? Neither one of them were content with me being the in-betweener, so Averie holds out her hand and says, "Mommy, gimme the phone!" at the very same moment a very excited Aaron told me that he'd LOVE to be her fashion consultant. I giggled while I listened to them chat with each other. Back to me, back to Averie. For the next 20 or so minutes, my daughter and I shared him; reveling in every giggly moment. It was such a fun way to begin festivities.

This morning I asked her if she got her midnight kiss. She smiled and said; "Yes. And you can tell Aaron I said thank you. Jason said I looked 'hot'."

So, from Averie and me, Mahalo Ku'uipo.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you all got your new year kisses. And stuff. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home