Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Wednesday, August 20, 2003

The High Priestess fears the loss of intelligence...

I've spent the better part of an hour scouring "most recently published blogs" and have realized that I really have no significant contribution. I have read political blogs, religious blogs, blogs containing damning diatribe about whether Mel Gibson is a Hollywood sell-out because he caved to being "PC" when it came to his new movie "Passion" (he hired actors to portray "sympathic Jews" to keep from being labeled an anti-semite). I have read blogs discounting Janene Garofalo's qualifications to be a guest co-host on PBS's Frontline (oh please, shut the fuck up; the girl knows of what she speaks), and blogs bemoaning the homophobic tendancies of our country's elected leader (one word; agreed). I have read blogs which detailed the MURDER on Sunday of a Reuters photojournalist by US soldiers who thought his camera was a rocket launcher and therefore riddled him with machine gun bullets. On a lighter note, I have learned about the sXe movement which endorses the "Straight Edge" lifestyle of no drugs, no alcohol, no sex before marriage. I guess if you give it a funky logo and call it a "movement" then it makes it cool. Otherwise, you're a dweeb. For the most part, it seems that today I've visited blogs of people who seem to be card carrying members of MENSA.

I guess my point is this; I DO feel I've received an education of sorts today. It's probably one of the reasons why I can justify having a computer. On the other hand, I can't help but feel that the IQ test I took that told me that I was 9 points shy of "genius" lied to me. As time goes by, and the prospects for actually finding a job seem to wither, I can almost feel the personality and intelligence factor being leeched out of my system. But, I have the comfort of knowing that Sonic the Hedgehog will be the new anime addition to the fall Saturday Morning lineup. Therefore, I continue to learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home