Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, September 23, 2005

It's Tiki Time!

Yeah, this is a little overdue. The big to-do happened all during the time we were dealing with Averie's appendix attack. I was running back and forth trying to help out with our event at work, but my boss, being the wonderful person that he is, told me to go and concentrate on my daughter. I love this man. After years of dealing with asshat employers, it's such a good feeling to be able to go to a place that I like with people that I like being with. It restores my faith in the work world.

So, we had a big parking lot/anniversary sale over the Labor Day weekend. Great guy with the Aloha Spirit that he is, the boss decided to make it a luau. He had rockin' entertainment, ono ono food, and tikis galore. He raffled off a 6 ft tiki and opened a shave ice hut, all the proceeds going to the Red Cross for hurricane relief. We have another tiki in the House of Tiki that he's also raffling off on Sept. 30.

At the same time, my boss donated a bunch of stuff to an organization called HomeAid's Project Playhouse. This is a yearly event to help raise money to provide shelter for the county's homeless. Two different companies involved in the event decided to create beach-themed tiki houses and came to Wes for help. Charlie and I went to see the playhouses over the weekend and took pictures of the tiki huts since Wes was out of town and couldn't go himself. At the end of the month, they'll auction the finished houses off and all the money will go to HomeAid. If you're in the OC, take a spin over to Fashion Island in Newport Beach and check out all of the playhouses. Some are just incredible, and it's for a great cause!

Oh, and to all my puck-nut buds out there...I'm hitting my first game tonight! Ducks v. Phoenix. Yeah, so it's Disney hockey. It's hockey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home