Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Friday, May 06, 2005

Oh...I got yer mail RIGHT HERE, Missy!

I'm happy. Take note everyone. I'm saying it right here, right out in the open. I'm happy. Now, when I tell you why I'm happy, your "nice Pua" image of me might evaporate like the margaritas I downed last night. But I don't care. Cuz I'm happy.

Yesterday, I heard The Boss giving Mean Bookkeeper Lady the what-for. In fact, it got a little heated because he caught her in a bit of a fib which cost a client a shitload of money. As I sat in my little cubicle listening to the happenings down the hall and pretending that I was busily minding my own business, I smiled. I know, I know, that's not very nice of me. But this is the woman that has made my life miserable since the first day I started.

Day One: MBL didnt like it that I didn't open her mail and went to the office manager complaining; "Isn't SHE going to open MY mail?" I would have been happy to if I'd been told to. But I was specifically told I was just to put mail addressed to her in her IN box. That's it. So that's what I did.

Day Two: I opened her mail and neatly paperclipped the return envelopes to the backs of the bills to be paid. Then I put them in her IN box. She came to me and complained that she didn't want me to use big paperclips on her mail. She preferred small paperclips. Um. Okay, whatever you say.

Day Three: She went to the office manager (instead of me) and said she wanted the date stamped on all of her mail and that she'd appreciate it if a date stamp was purchased for me. WOW! Whatever did she do with the mail BEFORE I arrived? I mean, she worked there for a good year before I got there. It's a good thing I got hired isn't it? Or her mail might not be opened, clipped, or date stamped.

Week Two: She began to come to my cube to ask me if I'd gotten the mail yet. I usually don't go down and get the mail until 12:30 because THAT'S when the mail person comes..I say "usually" because lately it has been later and later. We're on the 9th floor, so taking the elevator down 3, 4, and 5 times just to check the mail takes a bit of time out of my own work. Apparantly, MBL doesn't care about that. She just wants her mail.

Month Two: After a whole two months of her badgering me about whether or not I've gotten the mail, and rolling her eyes and expelling air when I answer "not yet", turning and walking away disgustedly, I find out that she can SEE the mail arrive from her office window overlooking the parking lot. That f*%$ing beeyotch could have simply told me that the mail had arrived everyday. But no, she let me go up and down in the elevator multiple times a day when she knew exactly when the mail arrived.

Month Three: She doesn't like the way I file the client account statements. She wants me to move out of my cubicle because her favorite intern's computer isn't working and SHE has IMPORTANT work for her to do. My work, after all, is menial and means nothing in the grand scheme of things. She berates me in front of the senior partner because she doesn't like a certain binder I've purchased for filing bank statements. It goes on and on this way with MBL. She hasn't liked me from the get-go and I don't know why.

It's bad enough that I'm a trained payroll accountant and could probably do HER job with one hand tied behind my back. I get paid $12.00 an hour to do the grunt work no one else wants to do. She's the only one that treats me that way; as if I'm not worth the ink in that date stamp. And yet, I CHOOSE to work part time so that I can get off at 2:00, still be a mom, and get to all of the kids activities. That's what keeps me smiling when she bitches at me, yet again, for some stupid, trivial thing. I leave there at 2:00. She stays.

But yesterday, when I walked out the office door and into the bright sunshine, I was smiling bigger than I ever had after leaving there. The voice of The Boss telling MBL that he KNOWS that she was responsible even though she said she had nothing to do with the situation. She's getting hers for all the crap she's giving me.

I called Charlie and told him some Margaritas at the pub would be really, really great today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home