Warm Cookies With A Whiskey Chaser

The Perfect Mix of Comfort and Shenanigans



Blogroll Me!
100 Things About Me
Tinmen Don't Dance
Humble Sandwich
A Son from Another Mother; Matt
Auburn Pisces
Splenda In The Grass
the bokey chronicles
Jeffrey Ricker
TunaGirl
Rocket Man
The Beauty of All Things
GuruStu
No Milk Please
A Life In The Day
Shadow Footprints
Scott B Blog
Seth Hancock Photography
Frogma
MzOuiser
Famous Author Rob Byrnes
Watersea's Ocean Bloggie
Cheap Blue Guitar
Does This Mean I'm A Grownup?
Upside Down Hippo
NoFo
Loose Ends

Monday, January 24, 2005

Oh Nuts!

Oh Nuts!

This has turned out to be a sweet surprise in so many ways. It's funny how life turns out. This time last year, I didn't even know I HAD a sister. Now, I have a best friend who happens to be my sister. In a very short time, we've made up for 40 years of lost time. We look alike (our families think so), we laugh alike, and sometimes, very eerily, we complete each other's thoughts. Our lives have paralleled in so many ways. She's married to her best friend for 20 something years (her Phil is very much like my Charlie), she left her career just a few years ago, like myself, and is a full-time homemaker. We're constantly looking for ways to help with our household finances that wouldn't keep us away from home and family too much. The more we learn about each other, the more we already knew...if that makes any sense.

A few weeks ago, Loke sent me a little package of candied nuts that she'd made. Two minutes after I opened the package, my family had completely devoured them. I called her to tell her that she really needed to market them. She laughed. I wasn't joking. She listened, and in just a short time, she did the homework to get herself up and running. Saturday, I drove out to San Diego to help her. That's how much I believe in her. We cooked up nearly ten pounds of nuts.

Ladies and Gentleman, it is my distinct honor to present.... my sister and her nuts. Laugh if you dare, but you've never tasted anything so awesome in your life. Yes, my sister's nuts are delicious. *Giggle* I love teasing her.

Lokelani's Kanake Nuts

I couldn't be more proud. It's like giving birth, only someone else is having the labor pains. Just kidding Sis! You know I'm right there with you all the way....as long as you let me wear a hat while we cook. If you make me put on one of those Lunch Lady hair nets, I quit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home